Region 6W Regional Transportation Coordination Council
Region 6W Regional Transportation Coordinating Council (RTCC) was formed under Prairie Five Community Action Council by stakeholders invested in improving the effectiveness, efficiency, and accessibility of transportation across the five-county region of Big Stone, Chippewa, Lac qui Parle, Swift, and Yellow Medicine counties.
- Identifying unmet personal mobility needs and facilitating the development of services responsive to those needs;
- Prioritizing programming;
- Identifying and understanding all available transportation options in the region;
- Increasing access to services, education, and centers of commerce;
- Increasing coordination between transportation service providers;
- Advocating for high quality transportation services which are safe, efficient, effective, reliable and responsive to consumer needs;
- Increasing available transportation services within the region;
- Identifying, supporting, and expanding best practices; and
- Directing the allocation of resources as appropriate.