PRAIRIE FIVE ANNOUNCES UPDATED CHANGES TO OPERATIONS DUE TO COVID-19
As a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, and with a deep concern for employee and public health, we are announcing UPDATED changes to Prairie Five Community Action Agency operations. We have made the extremely difficult decision to continue to temporarily close all our offices in the counties of Lac qui Parle, Chippewa, Yellow Medicine, Swift and Big Stone through Until Further Notice. Please see below for specific Program related updates.
- PRAIRIE FIVE MEALS: Congregate Dining Sites remain closed. Frozen/Shelf Stable Meals: Emergency Meals call: (320) 226-6174.
- TELE-INFORMATION FOR OLDER ADULTS AND SENIOR CITIZENS: Seniors who have questions or concerns, can call 320-226-8861 during normal business hours.
- CLOTHING CENTERS/OUTREACH OFFICES:
- Canby, Ortonville and Madison – Outreach Office/Food Shelf/Clothing Room – opening with limited shoppers on Monday, June 8th. Office, Donations and Food Shelf will be appointment only.
- Benson – Outreach Office/Food Shelf/Clothing Room – opening with limited shoppers on Monday, July 6th. Office, Donations and Food Shelf will be appointment only.
- Montevideo – Food Shelf will remain appointment only with curbside pickup.
**All Food Shelves will remain appointment only by calling the office or emergency number at 320-226-8775 and will continue the curbside pick-up.
- EMERGENCY SHELTER: (320) 269-1218.
- ENERGY ASSISTANCE PROGRAM: All households to contact us via telephone at (320) 226-9769. If you are having a heating emergency and have not applied for the program, applications are available at www.prairiefive.org, these can be faxed to 1-844-273-2097. If you are ill and are facing an emergency, please contact your utility company via telephone to work on a payment plan to avoid a shut off.
- HEAD START and EARLY HEAD START: Please call 320-598-3118 for questions and fall enrollment. Our offices
are currently under construction, so if staff are unavailable, please leave a message and your call will be
returned. Services and support for current enrolled Head Start and Early Head Start children and families will
continue through June and July.
- TRANSPORTATION: Call 877-757-4337 for your transportation needs. City bus service will run from 8am-3pm
daily. Masks will be required to ride and seating is limited to 3 riders in the bus at a time.
- WEATHERIZATION PROGRAM AND HOUSING REPAIR PROGRAMS: Staff will be checking emails and calls and
responding as needed. Site visits for loan closings and inspections for Housing Repairs are being scheduled
following CDC guidelines. Weatherization Audits/Inspections are still on hold. Call: (320) 269-6578.
- CHILD CARE AWARE: Face to face trainings are canceled through June 30, 2020. Staff will continue to check
email and respond as needed. Updates will be posted on FB (Child Care Aware West Central and CCA Website
(childcareawarewc.org). EARLY LEARNING SCHOLARSHIPS: Staff will continue to check email and respond as
Prairie Five remains committed to providing emergency assistance related to our programs if needed. We will continue to evaluate the situation as it evolves and will keep you updated. THANK YOU!!
Prairie Five Community Action
Services 5 Counties
Check out our events!
Prairie Five is participating in a statewide initiative to establish a Regional Transportation Coordinating Council (RTCC). The RTCC project will improve access and coordination of transportation for residents in Region 6W.
Register to Vote!
Everything you need to know from the Minnesota Secretary of State.
Sign Up for our Newsletter!
Sign up to receive updates!